We currently have 5 children on the Spotlight Campaign
The school have so far had 8 parents that have been fined for their children's poor attendance at school.
Here are the facts regarding Spotlight
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE FINE IS PAID BY EACH PARENT IN THE FAMILY, FOR EXAMPLE A £60 FOR ONE CHILD WILL COST THE TWO PARENTS £120 . PARENTS DO NOT NEED TO BE LIVING TOGETHER, THEY WILL STILL BOTH BE FINED.
- Once your child has 20 unauthorised absence they WILL be placed on the Spotlight
- If you take holiday during term time this WILL be used as unauthorised absence
- Once on the Spotlight the Education Welfare Court Section will monitor your child's attendance
- The fine for pupils who have unauthorised attendance is £60.00 per child per parent. This could mean if you have a family of 4 the fine would be £480.00 ( for both parents) .
- If your fine is not paid within 28 days it will DOUBLE!!!!!
- If fines are not paid then benefits will be withdrawn by the EWS Court Section.
- The new Spotlight campaign begins on Monday 28th September 2015
- The outcome of the Spotlight Sept 2015 - March 2016
- No parent has been fined during this Spotlight attendance of the children has greatly improved
- The outcome of the Spotlight March 16 - June 2016
- No parent has been fined
- The outcome of the Spotlight January 2017 - March 2017
- No parent has been fined - The children that have been included in the Spotlight this term have all had extended leave during term time